Read about the progress of legislation and news with regards to gun owners rights and the National Rifle Association.
Maryland General Assembly Gun Bill Hearings
February 9, 2019
As of Friday, February 8, 2019, most of the bills that will be discussed this year have been submitted. We are starting to see more bill hearings scheduled.
All of the bill hearings are listed on our Legislation Tracker, along with our organizational positions. I would like to take a moment to focus on a couple of bills that need our visibility and action as a firearms community.
House Bills of Concern
- House Bill 0096 / Delegate Dumais / Public Safety – Regulated Firearms – Transfer
- House Bill 0468 / Delegate Dumais / Public Safety – Access to Firearms / Storage Requirements
- House Bill 0523 / Delegate Palakovich Carr / Public Schools – Use of Lead Ammunition in School Programs – Prohibition
- House Bill 0612 / Delegate Ivey / Public Safety – Regulated Firearms – Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR Rifle
- House Bill 0740 / Delegate Dumais / Criminal Law – Firearms – Computer-Aided Fabrication and Serial Number (3-D Printed Firearms and Ghost Guns)
- House Bill 0786 / Delegate Atterbeary / Public Safety – Rifles and Shotguns – Transactions
Senate Bills of Concern
- Senate Bill 0008 / Senator Benson / Criminal Law – Computer-Aided Firearm Fabrication – Prohibitions
- Senate Bill 0346 / Senator Ferguson / Public Safety – Regulated Firearms – Transfer
- Senate Bill 0441 / Senator Smith / Public Safety – Access to Firearms / Storage Requirements
- Senate Bill 0737 / Senator Lee / Public Safety – Rifles and Shotguns /. Transactions
The Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association will stand, once again, in strong defense of Constitutional Rights in front of the General Assembly to ensure the voices of law-abiding firearms owners are represented. Please see our Legislation Tracker, available through the button at the top of this page, for ready reference to current bill status and our positions on the issues presented.
Please consider supporting our organization with your membership using the “Join Now” button at the top of the page.
Michael J. Doherty
2nd Vice President – Legislative Affairs