In the face of a near tidal wave of citizen disarmament occurring in Maryland, the MSRPA has played a critical part in drawing the line and standing firm for Gun Rights. Without this resistance, things would have been much worse and been so much sooner. Now the objective is to continue to develop new activists with numerous individual skills who will help us bring Maryland into line with the rest of the states which have made strong gains in protecting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
The duty of a State Association is to assist the National Rifle Association at the State level in these objectives:
- Maintaining a state-wide network of gun-rights activists for informing legislators, other public officials and the media about the interests of the gun owning community.
- Promoting marksmanship and safe firearms handling via affiliated clubs and statewide programs.
- Organizing and sanctioning state championship matches in all shooting disciplines.
- Maintaining a Political Action Committee for supporting state-level political candidates who are favorable to the gun-owning community.
- Conducting Junior Programs in the shooting sports.
- Promoting hunter safety.